How do I look after a denture ?
- Clean the denture over a basin of water so that it does not break if you drop it.
- Brush the denture inside and out every day. Use a soft-to-medium brush so that you do not scratch the denture. Use your normal tooth paste, or soap and water. Then rinse the denture.
- Ask your dentist about denture- soaking soloutions. Soaking a denture will not clean it. You also need to brush it. Rinse the denture before you put in back in your mouth.
- Ideally, dentures should be left out of the mouth for at least 4-6 hours, preferably eight hours, in every twenty-four hours.
- Keep a denture dry or in a denture- soaking solution when you are not wearing it.
Source: BDA Leaflet