Dental Health Checks
Regular Dental Health Checks are key to us providing you with the necessary support to help you maintain the health of your mouth and keep it free of tooth decay and gum disease.
The areas we discuss with you at each assessment
- How healthy do you feel your teeth and gums are?
- Any dental problems to report
- Impact of diet on your dental health
- Impact of lifestyle on your dental health
- Satisfaction with appearance of teeth and gums
- Medical issues that may affect dental health/treatment
Vital checks we do at each assessment
- Health of your teeth
- Health of your gums
- Presence of plaque
- Health of the cheeks, lips and tongue (visual oral cancer check)
- Head and neck check (jaw, biting muscles, glands)
- Health and stability of previous dental restorations
Available at –Bishopthorpe, Copmanthorpe & Woodthorpe
At Thorpe Dental Group we practice prevention as well as treating dental issues. It is important that we maintain good oral health by looking after our teeth on a daily basis.
Dental Hygienists are specially trained professionals in the prevention and treatment of gum disease, which is the biggest cause of tooth loss in adults. Our team of hygienists work closely alongside our dentists and are focused to help you care for your teeth and gums the right way.
The hygienist will carefully remove the hard deposits of tartar on your teeth and show you the best tooth brushing and interdental techniques for your needs.
If you have pain or discomfort and need to see a dentist, please contact any of our practices and our friendly reception team will make sure you are seen as soon as possible.